As a key member of the Executive Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and have a dotted-line report to the Audit Committee of the Grower-Owners. Based in company headquarters in Yakima WA, the CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company both domestically and internationally. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, taxation, and treasury as well as being the point person for institutional relationships with banking, auditing, and legal partners. Together with the CEO and other members of the Executive team the CFO will actively participate in additional aspects of leading the company including forecasting, strategic planning, legal assessments, plant and property management, and potential investment opportunity reviews.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization including managing and developing the YCH team of accounting and finance professionals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Audit Committee, the Board of Directors, and the other YCH executives in order to help manage and grow the company.
- Ensure credibility of the Finance and Accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities in both the short and long term.
- Help budget, forecast, and help oversee current and future investments and capital expenditures.
- Assess financial risks and work to minimize them, staying abreast to any changes in the market and communicating them to the CEO, The Board of Directors, and the Audit Committee.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Results-driven, detail-oriented personality; eager to partner with executive team to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
- Knowledge of manufacturing supply chain and/or agriculture industry preferred.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Knowledge and familiarity with ERP software – Sage X3 Version 7.0.
- International experience, including but not limited to foreign currencies, non-US taxation issues, non-US cultural exposure
MEET THE FINANCE TEAM!
Health, Dental & Vision planS
401k + Matching