New: Chief Information Officer
BECOME A PART OF WHERE GREAT BEER BEGINS
We are growing fast and seeking a seasoned, energetic leader to guide and mentor our global technology teams in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. If you have a successful track record of leading global enterprise-scale digital transformation, infrastructure, cybersecurity, data science, software engineering, and standardization and policy development initiatives and teams as the tip of the spear — and minting great leaders in the process — we encourage you to apply now with your resume and cover letter.
We’re more than a box of hops
There’s something about putting your hands in the earth that keeps your mind on the planet and the future. As a 100% grower-owned, multi-generational company, it’s nearly impossible for us to overlook the impact of every business decision on the environment and local economy, not to mention, our customers, employees and communities. In addition to ensuring the availability of top-quality hops to brewers around the world, our efforts are always focused on improving the world around us.
Years in business
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & LTD packages
Retirement planning & assistance programs
Based on personal & organizational performance
Paid opportunities to give back to your community
Continuing education & tuition assistance
Wellness & cellular reimbursement options
got the chops?
Successful candidates are both technical and human leaders. Have you inspired and motivated people to become proactively engaged leaders and evangelists within their areas of expertise?
You’re a team player who knows when to roll up your sleeves and when to delegate and mentor
You’ve proactively maintained working expertise in established and emerging business and tech trends
You cast a clear vision and plan strategically while remaining flexible and continuously, iteratively improving
A vital member of the Executive Team, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) shapes our technical agenda and priorities to drive global digital transformation and ensure the fit, security, quality, and value of all technology solutions and services. The CIO provides coaching, mentoring, and feedback to advance and align the efforts of distributed technology leaders and teams across Yakima Chief Hops (YCH) strategic priorities. The CIO sets the next generation of technology leaders up for success in a collaborative people-first environment. Together with the CEO and other members of the Executive Team, the CIO leverages modern technology to support YCH’s mission: to connect family hop farms with the world’s finest brewers, providing the highest quality hop products and uncompromising service for the ultimate benefit of our customers, employees, and growers.
- 10+ years of experience in an executive leadership role with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information technology systems and services for a mid-market or larger global e-commerce, technology, or manufacturing organization.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, related field or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration, or related field is highly desirable.
- Results-driven, detail-oriented personality, eager to partner with executive team to identify and facilitate efforts that improve efficiency and promote collaboration across the organization’s global footprint by leading the company’s technological roadmap and teams.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management and wide-scale communication.
- Deep knowledge of technological trends and how to plan for and integrate them into the company’s strategic plan.
- Experience leading several enterprise-scale digital transformation initiatives from start to finish, including but not limited to: Organizational structure optimization, Policy development, Cybersecurity strategy, Data and access governance, Cloud migration and hosting, Infrastructure planning, Technical PMO implementation, Legislation and compliance, Business continuity planning, ecommerce
- Proven track record of leading the ongoing maintenance, support, and growth roadmap for large-scale enterprise business systems such as ERP and WMS.
- Experience maintaining high availability, security, and data integrity for mission-critical business systems.
- Proven expertise with one or more reporting tools, technologies, and methodologies.
DAY TO DAY
- Oversee the development and execution of technical strategy to grow organization’s impact globally and increase its reputation as the hop supplier of choice.
- Work synergistically with executive leadership to provide technical support to new and continuing pursuits and proposals.
- Facilitate efforts that improve efficiency and promote collaboration across the organization’s footprint by leading the company’s technological roadmap.
- Direct strategic information efforts and improve use of data across the organization to deliver stronger customer service experience outcomes, both internally and externally.
- Assess competitors’ technologies and technical capabilities.
- Design, implement, and evaluate the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
- Ensure that the organization is thoroughly protected by modern cybersecurity best practices by ensuring that adequate resources are available and that IT personnel remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity technology.
- Guide the organization toward identifying, implementing and optimizing the most appropriate enterprise solutions that best accommodate defined business requirements.
Email us your resume and cover letter to apply.
1. Phone Interview
2. on-site Interview
3. Team Decision
4. Formal Offer
Yakima Chief P.R.I.D.E. is more than just a feel-good slogan; it is an active way of life, here. It is not every organization that affords one the opportunity to embrace corporate social responsibility and sustainability while witnessing the tangible results of those efforts.
At Yakima Chief, we are more than simply a hops company; we pride ourselves on possessing a culture based on integrity, acceptance, encouragement, and teamwork to achieve a common goal. We benefit from having the support and encouragement of our executive leadership team, allowing us to continually enhance our infrastructure and Cybersecurity posture to stay ahead of the ever-changing technology and cybersecurity landscape. Security is at the forefront of our technology strategy, which benefits our customers, employees, and culture.
At Yakima Chief, we love what we do. Our transformational initiatives in technology offer incredibly challenging, engaging, and unquestionably valuable real-world impact and results. We plan and collaborate strategically and cross-functionally toward a unified vision: maintaining a people- and planet-first organization as we press onward into rapid but sustainable growth. We are not cogs in the machine. We are empowered leaders and contributors wearing many hats to help re-invent a legacy worldwide industry and drive competitive advantages for the world’s leading hop supplier of choice.
I’ve found at YCH the perfect mix of great company culture and exciting opportunities to apply advanced technologies to new areas in agriculture, manufacturing, logistics and supply chain. Our company cares for its employees, growers and brewers and we try to model that in everything we do.
Yakima Chief trusts and empowers its employees to do what they think is right, both for themselves and for the organization. Our industry is booming, and we are becoming leaner and more efficient, especially at leveraging technology to support international growth. It is a very exciting time to be here!