New: UX/UI Developer
BECOME A PART OF WHERE GREAT BEER BEGINS
We are growing fast and seeking an energetic, creative, professional designer/developer to drive UX/UI improvements throughout our ever-evolving web and mobile application portfolio. Do you love working on specialized and innovative user-centered applications, having a significant influence over the look and feel of the final product, and making contributions that are celebrated and appreciated? Work from home and Senior-level opportunities available for the right experience and fit. The hiring manager for this position is our Lead Application Developer, Nick Shontz.
We’re more than a box of hops
There’s something about putting your hands in the earth that keeps your mind on the planet and the future. As a 100% grower-owned, multi-generational company, it’s nearly impossible for us to overlook the impact of every business decision on the environment and local economy, not to mention, our customers, employees and communities. In addition to ensuring the availability of top-quality hops to brewers around the world, our efforts are always focused on improving the world around us.
Years in business
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & LTD packages
Retirement planning & assistance programs
Based on personal & organizational performance
Paid opportunities to give back to your community
Continuing education & tuition assistance
Wellness & cellular reimbursement options
got the chops?
Successful candidates are both technical and creative, designers and developers, and fearless innovators.
Successful candidates are expert facilitators who can bridge the gap between people and technology, advocate for the user while driving adoption and engagement via high quality UX and UI.
You’re a team player who knows when to roll up your sleeves and when to support, collaborate, and cross-train
You’ve proactively maintained working expertise in established and emerging UX/UI best practices and design patterns
You cast a clear vision and plan strategically while remaining flexible and continuously, iteratively improving
As UX/UI Developer, you’re responsible for wireframing, visual prototyping, interaction design and implementation of client-side web applications, and mobile application mockups and assets handoff. You work alongside our full stack and mobile application developers to help bring your visions to life while acting as the lead on modern UX/UI best practices and design patterns. You have strong social and written communication skills, a collaborative mindset, and enjoy working with a diverse array of team members across multiple disciplines. You’re a self-starter with experience managing and contributing both technical and creative work. You engage with end-users and customers, assist with strategic planning and requirements gathering, decompose and estimate tasks for clarity, propose timelines, document, QA, and test usability. You have significant influence over the look, feel, and final form of our digital solutions, and your contributions make a powerful impact.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in design, engineering, or a related field and at least four years of professional experience in a web or mobile UX/UI design or development role.
- Experience with Agile sprint planning, project scoping, and estimation practices
- Fluency with the command line and tools such as Git Bash, NPM, Composer, and Webpack
- Comfortable with PHP and Composer package management
- Experience with TailwindCSS, BemCSS, or Bootstrap
- Mastery of client-side web application design and development, including SPA, performance monitoring and optimization with tools like Datadog, semantic and accessible markup, and the ability to leverage and produce reusable design patterns and components
- We work primarily in Vue, but experience in Angular or React is welcome – our applications are a mix of both Vue 2 and 3 and utilize the Composition API
- Experience with Git VCS and a friendly, collaborative approach to shared codebases
- Experience with a modern IDE such as PHPStorm
- Experience planning, conducting, and evaluating UX research and presenting findings
- Experience implementing and leveraging advanced analytics, tracking, and reporting tools such as Datadog, Rollbar, Google Analytics, Fullstory, and Power BI
- Experience building and maintaining CDN for CSS, image, JS, and other shared assets
- Experience facilitating the creation of epics and user stories in collaboration with stakeholders
- Experience implementing A/B testing in production and presenting findings
- Experience working with dedicated QA teams to address defects, implement and test solutions, and help communicate them to both stakeholders and fellow team members
DAY TO DAY
- Work with team members and stakeholders to help conduct requirements gathering
- Create wireframes and prototypes to provide high-level user flows and experience overviews
- Help write documentation and SOPs for processes and projects within our team
- Create mockups and wireframes that leverage our custom Figma component library while bringing your expertise to the table
- Work on projects that might consist of PHP, Laravel, Vue or static HTML, and SCSS
- Work with our DevOps lead on setting up and working within Vagrant
- Test API endpoints in Postman and help shape new ones that best suit our needs
- Continue to help build and maintain our component library
- Help us continue to ensure our work is always aligned with company policies, values, and brand
- Help with project management, ensure UX/UI deliverables are clearly outlined, defined, and tracked
- Work with QA to consult on and reproduce reported defects and assist with resolutions
- Maintain and continually update working knowledge of relevant languages, tools, and technologies
1. Phone Interview
2. on-site Interview
3. Team Decision
4. Formal Offer
Yakima Chief P.R.I.D.E. is more than just a feel-good slogan; it is an active way of life, here. It is not every organization that affords one the opportunity to embrace corporate social responsibility and sustainability while witnessing the tangible results of those efforts.
At Yakima Chief, we are more than simply a hops company; we pride ourselves on possessing a culture based on integrity, acceptance, encouragement, and teamwork to achieve a common goal. We benefit from having the support and encouragement of our executive leadership team, allowing us to continually enhance our infrastructure and Cybersecurity posture to stay ahead of the ever-changing technology and cybersecurity landscape. Security is at the forefront of our technology strategy, which benefits our customers, employees, and culture.
At Yakima Chief, we love what we do. Our transformational initiatives in technology offer incredibly challenging, engaging, and unquestionably valuable real-world impact and results. We plan and collaborate strategically and cross-functionally toward a unified vision: maintaining a people- and planet-first organization as we press onward into rapid but sustainable growth. We are not cogs in the machine. We are empowered leaders and contributors wearing many hats to help re-invent a legacy worldwide industry and drive competitive advantages for the world’s leading hop supplier of choice.
I’ve found at YCH the perfect mix of great company culture and exciting opportunities to apply advanced technologies to new areas in agriculture, manufacturing, logistics and supply chain. Our company cares for its employees, growers and brewers and we try to model that in everything we do.
Yakima Chief trusts and empowers its employees to do what they think is right, both for themselves and for the organization. Our industry is booming, and we are becoming leaner and more efficient, especially at leveraging technology to support international growth. It is a very exciting time to be here!